In relation to all web site services offered by TRINITY MIRROR DIGITAL MEDIA LIMITED, trading as EASYADS, on this website
We are committed to:
- Protecting the personal information you give us
- Telling you how we use the information we gather about you
- Getting your consent to our disclosure of your personal information.
- We want to offer you a service which you want to use. We may use information about you to help us customise our site to improve its usefulness to you. It can also help us to choose services we think will interest you.
- Information about you helps us sell space to advertisers of products and services relevant to you so that we can continue to partially fund the site through advertising and you can continue to use parts of the site for free.
- In addition to the services we provide on this web site we want to offer you goods and services provided by us and others which are of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent.
- We compile anonymous records of user trends which we may make use of ourselves, or pass to our associated companies or to unconnected parties.
What information do we collect from you?
- We may collect information from you when you fill in an online registration form for any of our web site services, (e.g., chat areas, forums, shopping, advisory services, competitions etc). We may also collect information you give us over the telephone or in written or other communications. The type of information we will collect includes, for example, your name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, gender, preferences and, where relevant, financial, credit card or bank details.
- Where it is lawful and necessary, we may monitor emails you send and receive.
- By giving us your details, you confirm that you consent to our sending you direct marketing or information, from us or our associated companies, about products or services that we believe may interest you. You also confirm that we may, from time to time, pass your details to third parties who offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We will not supply your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing activities without your consent.
- If you have already consented to us, our associated companies or third parties, sending you direct marketing or information, but you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive direct marketing or information from us or our associated companies, or no longer want us to pass your information to third parties, please notify us by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we ensure privacy is maintained
- We endeavour to ensure that your data is stored securely and to prevent unauthorised access. We have security measures in place to protect your information which we monitor regularly. Unfortunately, despite our measures, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain at all times 100% secure. The continuing efforts of hackers to defeat even the newest of security systems means that we can never make this promise.
- Please be aware that if you disclose information on chat areas, forums or other public services it may be possible for other people to use this information. We are not responsible for the disclosure of any information you post in this way.
- Our policy is to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and all other legislation which governs the maintenance of privacy in your information. We also require compliance with such legislation by third parties with whom we have arrangements to offer goods or services through our web sites.
Disclosing your information to third parties
- The personal information you give us is only disclosed to other businesses if we have your permission. In particular, even where we have your consent we will only disclose your financial, credit card or bank details to our associated companies, agents and/or third party suppliers of products or services on a need to know basis including, for example, in relation to the fulfilment of any e-commerce transactions.
- We may disclose details about use of our web sites to other businesses e.g. to demonstrate patterns of use to advertisers and other business partners. The information we pass on for these purposes will not include any personal information by which you may be identified.
- We may forward your personal details to the Police, or any regulatory body, if we are asked to do so or wish to do so in order to comply with the law or in relation to any suspected misuse by you of our web sites or any of our web site services.
- We endeavour to prevent unauthorised disclosures of your personal information by other people, but we are not responsible for any unauthorised disclosures or other breaches of security or for the actions of others if the information was passed to them with your authority or with the authority of anybody other than us or our associated companies.